Templong Anituhan ng Luntiang Aghama is a Member ministry of Luntiang Aghama Natural Divine Arts Shrine of Healing Inc. that aims to revive and reconstruct the Indigenous Spiritual beliefs and practices of the Pre Colonial Filipino. We believe that as Filipino People, we have our own God to call aside from the foreign God introduced to us by Islam and Christianity.
Anituhan is a practice of the pre colonial Filipino in worshipping the Great Supreme Creator through the Ancestors. Anito is a General Term used by our ancestors to refer to the Deties, Nature Spirits or the Ancestral Spirits. But for us in Luntiang Aghama, we have coined the name Anito to the Ancestral Spirits for the clarification of terms; while we address the Supreme Divine Creator as the Diwata together with the lesser Diwata which is the Supreme’s Ministers or angels; while for the Nature Spirit we call them as Engkanto.
Templong Anituhan members are called TALA which is an acronym for the Templong Anituhan ng Luntiang Aghama.
Tala is the tagalog word for the Stars. As Tala, it is our Mission to radiate our light in the midst of darkness. Our light comes from our teaching, public and private celebration of peaceful rituals, healing and counselling.
The leadership of the Temple is headed by the Punong Binabaylan who is also the order head and initiator of the Binabaylang Tala. As a whole, Binabaylang Tala shares the General Mission and Vision of Luntiang Aghama which is stated in Luntiang Aghama Natural Divine Arts Shrine of Healing Inc. By Laws and Constitution which says on Article 1 section 2 that:
The Shrine exists to provide a safe, non-threatening, non-judgmental, and supportive environment to all its members that will allow them to grow and achieve spiritual advancement through the doctrinal tenets of the Shrine.
It is further explained on Article 1 Section 8 that:
“…the Shrine will serve its member to have a safe, non- threatening, non judgmental and supportive venue in expressing their constructive thoughts, ideas, comments, suggestions, prayer (energy) request, and web weaving fellowships to one another in a peaceful and orderly manner minding the value of MODESTY, KINDNESS, and POLITENESS; thus promoting harmony to one another through communication, cooperation and coordination to attain a just, peaceful and sustainable community that is contributory to each members spiritual growth and advancement.”
There is no membership policy or procedure for the Templong Anituhan ng Luntiang Aghama but instead our Binabaylang Tala assist people to reclaim their Divine Lineage through the ReMembering process that the Temple implement.
As a member Ministry of Luntiang Aghama, we share to the principles and philosophies of Luntiang Aghama and embrace its Declaration of Faith.
LUNTIANG AGHAMA DECLARATION OF FAITH
- We Believe in One God. We believe that God is manifested in many forms; God is manifested in a form of male and female; young and old; and in multiple aspects as man could understand most.
- We believe that God is the Creator and the one who instituted life on this world. We believe that God is the one who creates the heavens, the earth, and the other worlds; as God creates the plane of existence, God also install caretakers of these planes.
- We believe that we are the creation of God; we believe that as creature of God, God has a special manifestation within us that is unique from each of us; a signature of God that gave us the Divine Lineage of Power as a Co-creator and caretaker of the Plane of Existence where we dwell.
- We believe that as a creature of God, we are one of the manifested form of Divine Power, the Power of the Divine that is within us all. We believe that as manifested form of Divine power, we are made with a purpose; and that purpose is the reason why we are living/ manifested in this plane where we live.
- We believe that we live our life purpose until we reach our goal in becoming one with the Divine Power, for we believe that our Life comes from the Divine, and to the Divine will our life return. We also believe that our life here on this plane of existence is a training ground where we will learn how to serve our purpose well; a school where we can train and enhance the Divinity within us.
- We believe in reincarnation as a means of our real self in accomplishing our life purpose to achieve the ultimate goal of reaching divinity within one self. We believe that as we were born in this plane of existence, we are given guides to help us learn and evolved with us. They were also born as we were born, and evolve as we evolve. We believe that these guides are also part of us, of our real self, coming from our ancestors, and from our previous incarnation; these guides are one with us and within us, learning with us in our present plane of existence until the time we are truly be one with them and to the Divine.
- We believe in many plane of existence as other traditions have taught. And to simplify these, we categorically believe in the Underworld, Middle World, and the Upper World. And presently, we who are alive are living in the Middle World.
- We believe that Underworld is place where growth and renewal begins. As there is beginning, there will be an ending; and in every ending there’s a hope of new beginning. We believe that we as human live presently in the middle world together with other creatures seen and unseen to live harmoniously in co-existence with one another. Plants and animals alike are all created beings by the Divine Power equally to serve their purpose in symbiotic manner.
- We believe that the Upper world is the bringer of light that signifies time on us here on the middle world. The Upper world is a place where light comes and occasionally pour their blessings unto us through rain. In the upper world, we can access our guides to be our light; we can access inspiration from them that we can enact it to our present life in this plane of existence.
- We believe as a living creature, we can co-exist with one another. The key for this harmonious co-existence is through the virtues that been taught to us by the Aghamic prayer. We believe in the power of prayer as a means of communication to the Divine. It is also our mean of communication with the unseen. Through prayer and constant communication, we develop personal relationship and intimacy with the Divine and with our guides.
- We believe in Magick as an innate ability of every individual to create change. This is the ability that we have since birth as a sign our Divine Lineage that been passed unto us by our ancestors. And with this ability we congregate ourselves to develop it and direct it to create beneficial change to our society.
You may join our Temple by following our facebook page Templong Anituhan